Saturday, August 16, 2014

It's almost time...

August first has come and gone.  Summer school is over.  Monday is the day; back to school.  No more afternoon naps for me.  In the last few weeks I have moved from making plans in my head and pinning my day away to making, creating, and getting ready. 

My favorite project is from Teachers Pay Teachers.  I have created drawers, labels, and binders to help keep me organized this year. I love the Let's Get Organized (Melonheadz Kids Edition) by Learning in Wonderland.  I also purchased binder covers, binder spines, and the labels pack.  I am looking forward to adding additional projects to my classroom.  I am able to edit and make these labels exactly what I need for my preschool classroom. 

I used  four Sterilite 3-Drawer desktop units to create twelve drawers for organization.  Our preschool program is Monday through Thursday so I have drawers for each days' "things" plus file, copy, to-do, send home, returned from parents, office, special education office, and OTES/SUTQ.  In my head these were going to fit on the computer cart but they were too tall.  I ended up getting two Lack tables from IKEA.  They were even on sale for $4.99!  I am looking forward to assembling and setting these  up on Tuesday.
Here's a picture of the finished drawers:

And the binders: 

I am also planning a focus wall using the same labels from TpT.

The labeles still need cut and laminated:

I'm looking forward to a great first week back to school!  I recently came across a quote on Twitter from Todd Whitaker: “@ToddWhitaker: One of the best things about teaching is you start the year undefeated. Make this year whatever you want it to be.”  My goal for this year is to remain undefeated and positive in an ever changing teaching climate.  It is all for the children and mine are some of our youngest!  Just keep swimming....with a smile and positive outlook!


No comments:

Post a Comment